Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Racine & Laramie



















I told you that I'd get back to the cigar shop. Racine & Laramie is just an excellent place, run by fine, fine folks. It was my port in the storm, my home away from home. I only got to spend a very few hours there, but made some good friends that I hope to visit again. David Mogilner, Vice President and son of the owner, went above and beyond in making me feel welcome. Harry Harris was hospitality personified. Here they are with the box of "Black Barts" that I bought. That's David on the left and Harry on the right.



















Here's some pics of the place.










































If you ever get down to San Diego, and you like cigars, look these guys up. Tell 'em Kam sent you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what a nice write up. David is my brother. I'm so glad you like the store. I grew up behind the counter there and I love the place a lot. I live up north now, but I'm glad it's still the great little mom and pop it always was.